Class A Captains License
Must be a Bahamian citizens or resident.
- Our course covers all requirements of the syllabus:
- Boat Registration & Merchant Shipping Acts
- The Nautical Chart & Chart Projections
- Nautical Rules of the Road
- Seamanship & Boat handling
- Measuring and Plotting Latitude and Longitude
- Calculating Dead Reckoning Position, Course, and Distances
- Compensation for Wind, Tidal, and Ocean Currents
- Deck Safety, Cargo Stowage, and Handling
- Basic Ship Construction
- Weather Patterns
- Electronic Navigation
- First Aid, Safety & Fire fighting
The written examination comprises of 100 multiple choice questions, one chart plotting exercises and a boat practical. The passing grade for the multiple choice section is 70% and for the chart work 90%.
The applicant must also successfully pass a boat practical exercise. Potential mariners should be capable of manoeuvring a vessel without supervision. As to the stipulated restrictions, an individual may obtain a higher licence based on the vessel being used to carry out this exercise.
Individuals are to provide a vessel of their choice. Restrictions could then be based on the size of the vessel the applicant is skilled in operating.
100/200 Tons Class “A” Master’s Licence
- Must be a holder of a Class “B” Licence
- Must be STCW certified
- Must produce evidence of sea time of no less than three (3) months
- Police Record
- Proof of Citizenship
- Photo Identification