Class B Captains License
CLASS B CAPTAINS (BASIC NAVIGATION) LICENSE
Must be a Bahamian citizens or resident.
To acquire a Class B Master License applicants must fulfil all requirements of the syllabus:
- Boat Registration & Merchant Shipping Acts
- The Nautical Chart & Chartplotting
- Nautical Rules of the Road
- Seamanship & Boat handling
- Measuring and Plotting Latitude and Longitude
- First Aid, Safety, and Fire fighting
The applicant must also successfully pass a theory exam, chart plot and boat practical. The restriction for the Class “B” licence is up to a maximum of 500 tons. The restriction is based on the level of experience, and the size of the vessel the applicant has gained experience on. Ferryboats, tour boats, and any inland vessel falls under this category.
- Guidance on the Captains License Process
- 8 weeks instruction by Maritime Trainers
- All books for the course
- All Chart Plotting Equipment
- A valid STCW certificate
- Police Record
- Medical Certificate
- Port Applications
A Class “B” Master Licence may be acquired in one to three months.